NSG Reviews was born from the need of getting feedback from the gaming community on Nintendo Switch games. The Switch eShop is overwhelming and missing many features like the ability to rate games. We want to provide a forum for gamers to rate and review their Switch library as well as to find reviews for every game in the Switch eShop.
Something not working? Have a questions? Have a business inquiry?
Send us an email to [email protected] and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
How can I rate and review games?
- Create an account from the regitration page and login.
- Search for games to rate and review from the Search page or your the Games Library page.
- Click on the on any game to open the game's menu and select the Rate & Review option.
- The review form will appear and you can rate the game and, optionally, write a review.
- Click on the save button.
- After reviewing a game, it is added to your games library and wil no longer show up on search results.
How can I Wishlist games?
- Click on the menu button on any game to open the game's menu and select the Wishlist option.
- A confirmation message will show up asking to confirm the action.
- Click on the OK button.
- A success message will appear to confirm that the game was added to your wishlist.
Can I create a Wishlist without creating an account?
- No. It is required to create an account from the regitration page and login to add games to your Wishlist.
I'm looking for a specific game but I can't find it; where is it?
- We list all games in the North America eShop. If the game you're looking for is exclusive to another eShop region, it is likely that we don't have it listed on this website.
- Games that you have added to you Games Library or Wishlist won't appear on search results.
- Make sure that you have not disabled the game's genre on the settings page.
I'm looking for reviews on a specific game but no one has reviewed it yet. Can I ask the community to review a game?
- We do our best to provide reviews for all games from our user community, Youtube content, and Steam reviews.
- Adding options to allow requesting reviews from users is in our roadmap.
Can I buy games directly from this website?
Using the Buy digital button on the game's page will redirect you to the Nintendo online store directly to purchase the game. You must have a Nintendo account and confirm your password before proceeding to the purchase page.
After completing the transaction, the game will automatically download to your Nintendo Switch.
* Only the North America eShop is supported at this time.
How can I ask questions or request functionality to be added to the site?
- Send us an email to [email protected] and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
April 11th, 2021 Update
Now that I'm back in the groove, I've been making long due updates to the site, adding new functionality that I hope the community can enjoy!.
- Wishlist: The main focus for this update was adding the ability to create your own wishlist. The wishlist can be viewed from the profile page. You can search from games to add to your wishlist right there. You can also add games to your wishlist from the game's menu button on game cards. You can add games in the Coming Soon list to your wishlist!
- Notifications: The following notifications are sent via email for items in your wishlist.
- GAME ON SALE: This notification is sent the first day a game in you wishlist goes on sale.
- SALE ENDING SOON: This notification is sent the day before the discount sale ends for any game in your wishlist that is currently on sale.
- AVAILABLE NOW: This notification is sent on the day a game in your wishlist is released.
These notifications can be disabled from the settings page in your profile.
March 22nd, 2021 Update
It has been a while since our last update but we are still here making improvements to the site. This time around we made quality of life updates to the overall site layout (look and feel), to review replies, and other minor fixes.
- Layout Updates: Quick list of some changes to the overall look and feel;
- Wider game "cards" to improve readability (desktop).
- Show game lists (search results & libraries) in a list format (mobile).
- Updates to font sizes and contrast to improve readability across the site (more themes coming soon).
- Changed like button from heart to a thumbs up to keep continuity on the theme.
- User game reviews page now show larger game images when available.
- Reply on Reviews: It is now possible to reply to any review right from the review itself on any place where a review is present. (Game page, User Reviews Page).
September 4th, 2020 Update
Another milestone update has been made to the site and we are very excited about it. I've have added a ranking system to the site that grant users NSG Pts. for performing actions on the site like rating and reviewing games, commenting on other's reviews, or getting likes on your reviews. Racking-up points will gain users levels which unlocks cool aesthetic items and a place on the leaderboard!
- Profile Trims: Level-up to get cool profile picture trims. Each level gets an unique trim up to level 20. (Art by @KimerexProjekt)
- Top Reviewers: The new Top Reviewers list shows ALL users who have added games on their games library. Rate and review games to rack-up points and make it to the top of the leaderboard!
August 16th, 2020 Update
I've have been working hard to make NSG Reviews the best community of Nintendo Switch gamers. I'm proud to introduce new features to help you interact with each other and to personalize your experience. I hope you like these updates.
- Review replies: It is now possible to reply to game reviews to interact with other site users. Each review has its own post thread page. Comments are enabled only when a review is written on the game rating form.
- Notifications: On-site notifications, as well as email notifications, are now enabled. You will get on-site notifications whenever someone comments on a review that you have written or you have commented on. Email notifications are only sent when you are subscribed to a review thread and have email notifications enabled on your profile settings.
- Enhanced library page: Your publicly available library page now displays a list of all your reviews. This will make it easier for you to share and for others to find all your game reviews in one place.
- Enhanced profile page: Your profile page is now set up with multiple tabs to make it easier to manage your games library, game reviews, and profile settings.
- Themes: You can now choose from three(3) site themes to customize your site experience. Your library page will be displayed with your selected theme to everyone who visits it.
Let us know what you think about these updates or if there is anything you'd like us to do next.
Email: [email protected]
- Asking the community for feedback on games that have not been reviewed.